Service Transition Manager
- Security & Defence Division
- Job Type:
- South East
- £267 per day
- Post Date:
- Contact Phone:
- 01782 203040
- Ref #:
The role also involves directly and more often indirectly managing and coaching delivery personnel - both within the team and capability staff, who have responsibility for contributing to the success of service so there is a need for the role holder to build and maintain effective relationships with these people which may involve travel.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
* Ensure that any change being made to the live estate are understood, documented and Communicated to all relevant teams (SPOC, DUS, T&T)
* Producing Impact Assessments within the agreed KPIs.
* Ensure any new services are professionally introduced & accepted through sign off with the projects Leadership Team.
* Ensure that where required, changes have the correct level of escalation\discussions regarding proposed timetables and any foreseen issues\concerns.
* Work with the Change Team to create a clear Forward Schedule of Change\Dashboard that can be understood and impacted by all parties involved.
* Ensure Service Operations early engagement with Project and Program Managers to assure technical delivery requirements are achievable and met.
* Monitor and measure demand requirements ensuring capability are appraised with changes in a timely manner.
* Maintain a close relationship through regular reviews with partners to ensure both parties understand the impact of project plans to resources.
Skills - Mandatory:
* Ensure a close relationship with the Service Operations Managers to ensure costs and risks of change or new projects are understood and correctly managed through the service forecast and risk register.
* Work with capability team managers to ensure resource requirements are met.
* Build relationships with Project Managers in disparate locations to ensure project deliveries are met.
* Act as point of escalation for issues relating to the roll out of a change into live operations and take ownership of issues to resolution.
* Control working hours and ensure additional hours are approved and resourced appropriately, no working at risk.
* Identify and drive continual improvement and lean initiatives across the team whilst improving employee engagement and enablement.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
* Extensive experience within a large, high profile service delivery environment
* Demonstrates high levels of competency in matrix managing and progressing teams
* Demonstrates a breadth and depth in knowledge of Service Delivery Management standards
* ITIL foundation v3 qualified accreditation as a minimum
* Demonstrates competency in management of financial performance
* Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
* Excellent Reporting and presentation Skills
* Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.