SC or DV cleared Desktop Technical Specialist. Our Client are looking for a Desktop Technical Specialist to join an existing Team supporting various systems within the Desktop Service.
- Provide 3rd Line Technical Support to the Customer Systems under support of the Enterprise Desktop Service.
- Design and implement new Desktop Images for existing or new systems, using standard design patterns and technologies
- Design, implement and support deployment technologies such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and System Centre Configuration Manager on Supported Systems
- Deliver routine Desktop Patch Cycles as required for the support systems.
- Deliver routine Desktop Image updates to the Customers Virtualised Desktop Infrastructure as required.
- Design and Deliver routine Group Policy Update cycles as needed.
- Provide deep Troubleshooting/diagnostics of Desktop issues, using standard toolsets.
- Design, implement and support security controls, using tools such as Applocker, Windows Firewall and System Centre Endpoint Protection
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop Imaging
- Good knowledge of Windows Lockdown using Group Policy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Centre Current Branch, Implementation and Support, including OS Deployment, Application Deployment, Patching and Endpoint Protection
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for small system OS Deployments
- Excellent Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policy Objects, including Applocker and Firewall Implementations.
- Excellent knowledge of Troubleshooting using SysInternals tools such as ProcMon and NetMon
- Good Knowledge of Citrix Virtualisation for Desktops and Applications
- Experience with Application Virtualisation (App-V)
- Experience with User Environment Virtualisation (UE-V)
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.