Role - Senior Software Engineer
Location - Worcestershire
Duration - 6 months
***SC Clearance required***
Job description / Person Specification:
Due to a restructure within the team, we are looking to appoint a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role within the Software Engineering Department. Working across several projects, the successful applicant will have experience of designing and developing DDS based software solutions. You will be solving technically challenging problems and will also work throughout the engineering lifecycle, applying rigorous engineering practices; analysing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions that solve the mission-critical problems of our customers. The role has a particular focus on the design and implementation of DDS based software solutions (RTI). Key tasks Include:
* Contribution to all stages of the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of DDS based software, following a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
* Interaction with a team of engineers, working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver customer solutions.
* Providing training and support on the solutions provided.
* A thorough understanding of DDS (preferably RTI) including real-time Quality of Service (QoS), and the Interface Definition Language (IDL), Record, Replay and persistence
* Experience of architecting, designing and implementing DDS based solutions in software.
* Ability to develop in C++ and/or Java.
* Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes and tools.
* Experience using software design, development environment and test tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, etc.
* Experience of designing software using UML.
* Experience of developing real-time software
* Experience of developing embedded systems
* Experience of developing on Linux operating systems.
* Experience of using RTI DDS versions 5.3.0 and 4.2e
* Experience of developing on Ubuntu Linux 16.04
* Experience of using Linux Containers
* Knowledge and experience of the Common Data Representation (CDR)
* Implementing to applicable coding standards.
* High assurance software development (security).
* Experience of working across both Local Area and Wide Area Networks.
* Knowledge and experience of networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Routers and Firewalls
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.