3 Months Initially
My Client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on an exciting project based in Southend-on-Sea. The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
* Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and
relevant tooling. Knowledge and use of Ansible would hugely beneficial, though
understanding of any orchestration tooling and/or configuration management
principles and a willingness to learn will be considered.
* Experience with Configuration Management tools including Jenkins or similar.
* Knowledge of Containers, Dockers would be beneficial.
* Coding and scripting knowledge of Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, and Shell. Expert
knowledge in one or two of these is necessary. Python is most preferable.
* Must have familiarity and skill with the more common version controls tools.
Ideally experience with Github/Gitlab but demonstration of version controls
principles (i.e. branching strategies) is more important.
* Experience with virtualisation and cloud deployments
* Development Methodology - Familiarity with processes and standards, such as ITIL
and DevOps philosophy.
* Experience of working in agile software delivery teams.
* Experience of using JIRA/Atlassian tools.
* Good attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to communicate
effectively at all levels
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.