You will be responsible for conducting departmental audits, deploying Windows 10 to PCs and laptops, deploy and upgrade devices including PCs and iGels. You will also be responsible for virtualising applications and deploying to users via VMWare.
The ideal candidate will have experience of deploying or supporting devices within an NHS environment and liaising with clinicians. You will have excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Build and install PCs, iGels & card readers, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
* Provides advice and guidance to users regarding Win10/ O365 and tap in/out processes
* Troubleshoot issues with installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals as required during installs and roll out
* Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
* Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to project manager and senior support desk personnel for consideration and implementation
* Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
* Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to project manager
* Knowledge of migrating servers from Windows XP/7 to Windows 10
* Maintain end users databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
* Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to end users
* Needs to be familiar with Active Directory.
Personal/ soft skills:
* Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face,
* Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients,
* Good Language and Communication Skills,
* Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft/Comptia and Cisco
* Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting,
* Knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, Windows Server products and/or Apple Operating Systems,
* Ability to Work in a Team,
* Ability to Prioritise Projects
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.