1. Customer Service Support
Responds to common requests for service by providing information to enable fulfilment. Promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintains records, informs users about the process and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
2. Incident Management
Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers and categorises incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
3. Service Level Management
Monitors and logs the actual service provided, compared to that required by service level agreements.
4. IT Infrastructure
Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature. Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution.
5. Application Support
Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications. Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
6. Network Support
Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
1. Change Management
Documents changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
2. Security Administration
Receives and responds to routine requests for security support. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken. Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to access controls and security systems.
- thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware and printers (HDD, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Troubleshoot and support and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance ( eg cable maintenance / network trouble shooting )
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Experience of Apple Mac support and configuration advantageous
- ITIL awareness / certification
- Driving licence could be advantageous but is not essential