Your main day to day responsibilities will be:
* Delivering secure, reliable and scalable software, and supporting your team with technical tasks when needed
* Evaluating and advising on design choices and ensuring that software is high quality and balances technical and business considerations
* Defining and documenting test cases for new systems and maintaining live systems to ensure ongoing performance
* Evolving new approaches/solutions with other professions through discoveries, maintaining a focus on development and deployment
* Helping prioritise and direct technical tasks across your team, to balance new and live services
You'll have a demonstrable passion for software development, with the following skills and proven experience in:
* Developing software using Node.js and Java, 5+ years' experience
* Working with Aurora Postgresql (or relevant RMDBMS skills)
* Committing code using Git
* Setting up and design of Continuous Integration pipelines (setup and design)
* Designing ReSTful APIs
* An understanding of Agile working, accessibility, User Centred Design (UCD) & CD.
* A willingness to challenge technical decisions and ways of working
* Experience leading and mentoring of junior developers
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.