Location: Nottingham & Remote (on-site presence as & when required)
Clearance: SC cleared or eligible for clearance
Main Purpose of Job
To build, test and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for development and release of software, containerising software and integrating security practices at every phase of software development.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure to provide a security environment within which an Agile approach to development can operate.
* Identify and incorporate security practices into the software build mechanism and engineering development infrastructure, including control of containerised areas, automating as appropriate.
* Develop and test installations for products ensuring adequate levels of security; release products to internal and external customers, ensuring quality standards and specifications are met.
* Incorporate threat analysis and vulnerability scanning and patching into the release cycle to ensure common vulnerabilities and exposures are minimised.
* Ensure that all the product build materials, e.g. installations, source code, and documentation, are appropriately backed up and archived.
* Develop and maintain installation packages for all relevant products, ensuring that installations do not adversely affect other products.
* Ensure systems and software are compliant through patch management
* Manage solution releases and packaging for both internal and external environments through a variety of media.
* 5+ years proven experience in DevSecOps.
* Knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices, including Git, Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins.
* Experience in AWS, containers, orchestration, registries, networking and networking protocols.
* Understanding of threat modelling and risk assessment techniques.
* Comfortable in leading and driving implementation in this area.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.