As a Field/Support Engineer you will be part of a larger project team to realize new security solutions for customers, where your focus will be on configuring and integrating camera surveillance, fire, access and intrusion systems within the customer's infrastructure. You mainly work on site at the customers, but can also be called in to analyze and solve problems remotely from the office and/or at home.
What are you going to do?
Within the Safety & Security team you have a wide variety of tasks:
- As a Field/Support Engineer you perform installations, maintenance and repairs on the high-tech solutions at our customers;
- You will largely be involved in installing and configuring electronic security systems;
- You will examine together with our customers which optimizations are possible to their existing infrastructure in order to obtain a more secure application;
- You think innovatively about the possible added value for customers in the field of safety;
- You will provide our customers with the necessary training about the installed technology;
- You perform preventive and corrective maintenance at our customers;
- You can act in a coordinated manner within the Safety & Security team;
- You report directly to technical coordinators and/or project managers;
- You form an important and visible link, because of this you determine to a large extent the image of our company with the customer;
- Discovering commercial opportunities through daily contact with the customer and passing them on to the sales department.
What do we expect from you?
- You are solution-oriented, team player and like to work hands-on with an ever-growing responsibility;
- Great motivation and own initiative to learn;
- You can express yourself fluently in both national languages (NL-FR) is a plus;
- You are in possession of a diploma in a technical direction;
- You are prepared to guarantee a standby schedule;
- Knowledge of camera surveillance, fire alarm systems, intrusion panels and access control;
- Knowledge in data networks (LAN, WAN, Wireless..).
Our job requirements
- Diploma in electrical engineering (Electromechanics, Electronics or Electricity/Control and Security Techniques) or equivalent through experience;
- Knowledge of security systems is a big plus;
- VCA certificate and installation and maintenance of alarm systems are also big pluses, but not a must;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and French;
- Communicative and customer-oriented;
- Analytical, stress resistant and flexible attitude.
Our Core Business
- IP Cameras (Bosch/Avigilon/Vivotec)
- VMS systems (NX witness/Genetec/Avigilon)
- Standalone recorders (NX witness)
- Modular Fire Control Panels (Bosch Avenar/FPA)
- Dinec / IDTech
- ATS Master, Advisor Advanced, Galaxy
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.