DevOps Engineer Contract
- SC cleared
- 6 months
- Inside IR35
- Hybrid working in Camberley
6 month initial contract for a DevOps Systems Engineer working in a defence environment. The role requires site working 3 days per week in Camberley and the applicant must hold an active SC clearance
Knowledge and Experience of:
* Developing and testing IT solutions for a development test rig
* Developing and testing Virtual desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions
* Developing and testing Virtual Machine solutions (VM Ware)
* Amazon Web Services AWS Cloud
* Software, V Sphere, VM Ware, desirable: C sharp, zabbix, bamboo
* Scripting languages, ideally Python and Powershell,
* Infrastructure hardware (physical rack mounted equipment).
* Administration functions within a virtualised environment- including virtual
resource management, resilience (HA & DRS), clustering and performance
* Orchestration tools (automation, scripting).
* File systems and storage management (migration, snapshots, allocation).
* Server operating system administration (Windows and Linux).
* Containerised software applications.
* HCI (human computer interfaces).
* Cabling/patching (Ethernet and Fibre), cable management, clear labelling and
* Ability to respond to technical queries and perform troubleshooting
investigations where necessary, with full root cause analysis and rectification
* Working in an 'Agile' engineering development environment.
To be considered please send through an updated CV.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.