REQUIRED: SAP BASIS APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST - SC CLEARED
LOCATION: BRISTOL 1-2 DAYS PER WEEK, REST REMOTE
DURATION: 6 MONTH INITIAL CONTRACT
IR35 STATUS: INSIDE
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and driven Application Support Specialist to join an engineering team, responsible for providing both remote and hands-on technical support to a varied community of users. This post will report directly to the Engineering Capability Manager and take operational direction from the Engineering Team Lead.
You will be required to provide support the existing team in the day to day running of applications specific to your knowledge base, assist in determining the impact of any changes to the application and delivery of those changes.
You will also be working closely with the Customer, 3rd line IT teams and project managers, to resolve problems, support projects, ensure first time quality, service excellence and provide a top class customer support experience.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing IT technical support to a wide range of users and capabilities at all levels. Equally comfortable, confident and professional whether on the end of a phone or 'hands-on' at a desk, you will be the sort of individual that takes pride in providing a first-rate service and genuinely enjoys solving IT issues for colleagues at all levels of the business.
* Liaise with 3rd line IT teams for additional support of the applications.
* Respond to IT incidents, perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
* Support software installations, patching and In Service Releases.
* Maintain security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
* Contribute to technical documentation, knowledge articles, procedures & process definitions.
* Support emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
* Contribute to BDUK IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
This role also requires flexibility as off-hours support will occasionally be required to support service restoration; following sufficient experience within the supported environment.
* Collaboration - Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships
* Customer Focus - Understands customers and their needs and considers such factors in the completion of day-to-day tasks; uses available information to understand customer related circumstances and needs. Deliver within the service levels agreed with the Customer and understand those contractual obligations.
* Adaptability - Tries to understand changes in tasks and situations as well as the logic or basis for change, treating changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth.
* Work Standards - Strives to achieve a high level of quality and productivity of service. Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of work is neglected. Accepts responsibility for outcomes of one's work.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.