My client are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join an Information Team. The Information Team has a UK-wide remit to transform the way they think about and use data through ambitious programme of change being developed within a fast-moving and demanding information environment.
In this particular role, you'll help coordinate the collection, management, analysis and quality assurance of data from our customers and external sources so that we have better business intelligence on which to base our decisions. Your work will be instrumental in making our grant-making data more consistent, useful and accessible to support decision-making at all levels of the organisation.
You'll work within a small, highly performing, specialist Information team, which will have access to the Fund's best data sources and tools, including the Data Warehouse reporting system and the Tableau data visualisation platform. This team will be the principal authority for the integrity, consistency, accuracy and application of information about our funding, supporting all the portfolios with expert guidance, co-ordination and consistency of information/messaging, and data to support planning and decision-making.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent and A level data analysis, statistics or maths
* Experienced in interpreting user requirements and turning these into information products including visualisations
* Excellent statistical and data analysis skills, including a good understanding of working with samples/incomplete data
* Excellent data mining and segmentation techniques
* Comfortable developing meaningful and robust information from sampling and partial/incomplete data, while understanding the boundaries and limitations of these statistical techniques
* Ability to collate, analyse and present significant amounts of information accurately
* Experience of data manipulation, including the movement of data between systems
* Data visualisation skills and a deep and proven knowledge of Tableau
* A good understanding of relational databases, and of how to connect disparate datasets
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and a working knowledge of SQL
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.