To design, develop, configure, maintain and support all back-end databases that store information used by inhouse applications. Ensuring that they have high integrity, excellent performance and sufficient capacity to meet the organisation's needs.
* Maintain the performance and integrity of databases supporting applications.
* Maintain and create change control procedures in relation to databases.
* Maintain and control systems policies and procedures in keeping with current Informatics strategies.
* Ensure adequate procedures are introduced and maintained for the purpose of systems and applications backup.
* Define and implement database standards.
* Design, produce and distribute performance and capacity reports on each database showing past and current performance and identifying any future areas of concern and proposing actions needed to address them.
* Provide 3rd/4th line support for database problems reported to the Help Desk.
* Follow on calls allocated through to closure keeping the user updated on progress.
* Escalate issues to 3rd party suppliers where necessary.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.