Job Title:ACQ Directorate Administrative Assistant
Required Security Clearance:NATO Secret
Start Date:01 July 2019
End Date:31 December 2019
Under the direction of the DACQ, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
* Preparation of correspondence, reports and documents, often of a complex technical nature with tabulation and formulae, using word processing, spread sheet and graphics applications on a personal computer, in accordance with the Agency's official document formatting guidelines. This will include the correction of language usage where necessary, and copying and distributing as appropriate;
* Drafting of straightforward memoranda, notes and cover letters to documents ;
* Processing of viewgraphs and text for presentations, including submissions to external conferences and journals, ensuring that relevant internal regulations and external layouts are complied with;
* In coordination with the line manager, prioritising and processing work in a timely manner;
* Answering enquiries and incoming telephone calls, and assisting in the project scheduling of the day to day business;
* Applying and following the Agency's procedures;
* Filing of correspondence and documents in accordance with the Agency's procedures and providing assistance in obtaining requested documents;
* Determining, controlling and maintaining the information flow, within the assigned area of responsibility;
* Organizing visits, meeting, workshops and conferences, including, where appropriate, call of papers, agendas, security requirements, visitors' lists, conference rooms, equipment and hospitality arrangements, etc. Compiling associated proceedings of such conferences;
* Making arrangements for travel assignments, including associated orders, correspondence regarding accommodation and security, conference/exhibition fee purchase requisition;
* Input travel, purchase order and requisition data into the Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) along with supporting documentation. Support the workflow of the IMIS by undertaking change orders and other amendments in the system;
* Ensuring and maintaining attendance lists of staff assigned to the area of responsibility; checking correspondence between attendance lists, time sheets, leave cards and travel duty;
* Being conversant with the duties of the Acquisition Administrator and assisting in the execution of those duties;
Specific duties for this post as specified:
* Administration and management support pertaining to personnel-in-confidence work in the preparation of performance reports, goals and objectives, contract renewals, letters of appreciation, etc. for civilian and military staff belonging to Acquisition;
* Managing and ensuring the timely response to all personnel related requests;
* Maintaining up-to-date records and information on all Acquisition staff;
* Performing project administration tasks as assigned by the manager, including support to Project Evaluation and Specification Review Boards;
* Support to Contracts Award Board (CAB) and Restricted Contracts Award Board (RCAB) as necessary. Performs other duties as may be required.
Skills and Experience
At least 3 years' administrative/secretarial experience;
Demonstrated skills on the use of personal computer office automation packages, particularly Microsoft applications. The incumbent must have proficiency in word processing and spread sheets;
The incumbent is basically able to prepare presentations in PowerPoint, work with databases and MS Project;
Vocational training at a higher administration level in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.