An SC cleared DevOps Engineer is required by my client, who is a leading Systems Integrator, for an initial 6 months based in Croydon.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Strong Linux system administration experience, particularly CentOS/RHEL 7
* Strong communication skills and a fast-learner
* Experience of release and build automation utilising Jenkins to develop continuous integration pipelines following a pipeline-as-code approach
* Experience of provisioning and managing AWS infrastructure
* Experience working in a secure environment and the ability to adhere to security principles
* Strong scripting and automation skills, particularly: Python, Bash, Groovy
* Familiarity with the principles of immutable infrastructure and ability to put these into practice.
Nice to have skills:
* Using Hashicorp Consul and Vault to manage configuration and secrets
* Using Hashicorp Terraform to manage AWS infrastructure
* Previous experience of writing applications in Java
* Experience managing, securing and operating various middleware including RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Nginx and Axway
* Using Hashicorp Packer to build Amazon Machine Images
* Experience of working an an Agile environment within a Scrum team using JIRA
* Writing Ansible Playbooks
* Using Git for source control
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.