As a Delivery Manager, you will:
* Be accountable for creating and leading a single delivery to ensure it delivers agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Translate product roadmaps and features into an achievable delivery plan, considering the people and skills required and predicting milestones based on forecasts where possible
* Deliver in line with your team's capacity and availability, developing an understanding of the relevant frameworks to leverage supplier needs when necessary, and budgeting effectively for resourcing requirements
* Actively managing risks, issues, and dependencies for your delivery team, acting on delivery data and adapting ways of working to mitigate risks
* Partner with a Product Manager to develop communication approaches so you can effectively engage with and influence relevant stakeholders, translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. In most cases this will mean managing both internal and external relationships as appropriate.
* Monitor trends in team performance and effectiveness, and engaging and motivating the team as required
* Use feedback loops, data analysis, and small experiments to iteratively improve the product, service, and ways of working within the delivery team
* Making conscious decisions on trade-offs with quality, both in planning and delivery
* Lead on the day to day ways of working in order to bring out the best in the team, facilitating appropriate team ceremonies where necessary
* Provide key reports to support reporting progress to sponsors
* Provide support and guidance to Associate Technology Delivery Managers and wider team members, in line with individuals' needs, with the aim of making the team as successful as possible
* Experience in managing a small IT/technology projects or supporting on a complex project
* Creating and maintaining a plan that highlights forecasts/estimates and confidence levels
* Using experience of technology delivery and technical practices to help translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
* Using people management skills to set individuals up for success and help create an effective team environment
* Using metrics and previous experience to identify, understand and improve delivery performance challenges
* Adapting approaches to different phases of the delivery lifecycle
* Managing budgets and commercial supplier relationships when necessary
* Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, providing effective communication using a range of methods.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.