This is a challenging role directly supporting the Director Digital Enablement to deliver some of Defence Digitals highest priorities..
The Delivery Support Manager will work as part of a small team directly supporting the Dir DE. The postholder is primarily responsible for managing the day to day functioning of the Outer Office and providing direct support to the Dir DE in delivering his priorities and desired outcomes. They will be integral to enabling Dir DE deliver Defence Digital SLT common accountabilities including the Promoting the DD Brand Attributes, promoting diversity and sustain an inclusive working environment. Establishing appropriate levels of business rigour: MI to drive insight and action, fiscal transparency and risk. Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and to simplify internal process to add speed and reduced delay. Promoting a culture of continuous improvement, learning and development to improve performance
Specific responsibilities include:
* Management of the DE Outer Office, ensuring timely and effective support to the Dir DE, including direct management of the Executive Assistant. This includes commissioning and Coordinating suitable briefs, and the provision of critical assessments of reports and papers, ensuring a consistently high standard of advice and support.
* Representing and supporting Dir DE at meetings or discussions as required, driving forward Dir DE's priorities and provide clear advice and feedback.
* Managing a discrete portfolio of work, currently including issues relating Enterprise Architecture Maturity Assessments, and drafting Business Cases to support this work.
* Retain a broad oversight and the ability to cover other areas of the wider portfolio. Ensure that DDE is prepared for visits and meetings and is properly briefed on matters relating to these subject areas, through verbal and written briefs.
* Effectively manage and share information, helping to deliver Dir DE's aims, priorities and objectives through: shaping agendas; reading and commenting on drafts; identifying information that should be shared across teams; escalating emerging issues and risks; providing advice on handling; drafting correspondence, notes and submissions; writing and disseminating accurate meeting records.
* Communicate a clear aim and purpose to Defence Digital and wider Digital & IT function stakeholders, articulating and proactively pursuing delivery of DE priorities, ensuring others understand how their roles contribute, and providing support, direction and coherence as required.
* Maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including other government departments and suppliers.
This is a varied and demanding role, drawing on a range of skills, and it is essential that the post-holder is flexible and able to manage their time efficiently. The successful candidate will:
* Be able to create an open and collaborative working environment across your own team and wider organisation including working closely with senior officials and military personnel across the wider Department,
* Have effective portfolio and product management skills and can demonstrate great prioritisation, leadership and people skills.
* Advanced and proficient range of Agile and Lean tools and techniques
* Managing and delivering multiple work streams concurrently
* Advanced Stakeholder management techniques and skills; including influencing, facilitation & negotiation across organisational, technical and political boundaries
* Challenge and interpret traditional culture and ways of working and lead modern delivery methodology, with a clear focus on continuous improvement.
* Have excellent communication techniques and can present articulately and confidently in writing, and in person.
* Experience of producing business cases and effectively managing corporate governance.
* Managing suppliers to specify, agree and drive outcomes, troubleshoot and solve issues.
* The ability to remain calm and organised under pressure
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.