Our client currently has a live requirement for a Data Engineer which will be working from home and also outside IR35.
The role starts on a 6 month rolling contract and requires an active SC clearance to be considered.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
* Document source-to-target mappings
* Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
* Support the build of data streaming systems
* Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
* Develop business intelligence reports that can be re-used
* Build accessible data for analysis
* optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
* lead work on database management
* Identify and analyse user requirements
* Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
* Develop new applications
* Write well-designed, efficient code
* Review, test and debug team members' code
* Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
What experience are we looking for?
* Communication skills (data).
* Data analysis and synthesis.
* Data development process.
* Data innovation.
* Data integration design.
* Data modelling.
* Metadata management.
* Problem resolution (data)
* Programming and build (data engineering).
* Technical understanding (data engineering).
* Good time management skills
* Problem-solving abilities
Expertise or exposure to the following skillset
* AWS Glue and Data Catalog, EMR, Athena, S3, Redshift / RDS, Kafka/Spark, AWS Security, IAM
* ETL, Talend or Pentaho, Spark, Big Data
To be considered please send through an updated CV.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.