SC Project Manager
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Hybrid- Remote/Near to Chippenham (approx. 2 days per week). Some requirements to travel to sites in Cambridgeshire and (Essex)
IR35: In scope
Rate: £550-600 per day
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
The role of the Project Manager is to lead / manage the project and the project team on a day-to-day basis. The Project Manager is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The Project Manager has a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
* Stakeholder Management
* Experienced Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
* Experience delivering complex digital projects
* Good level understanding things like RAID
* Managing schedules on Project Online.
* MS Project Online
* ARM is used - this can be shown - experience beneficial.
* Leadership experience
* Digital savvy - Networks/digital/cloud hosting (desirable)/gateways
* Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Project Management - day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls.
* Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
* Business Case - Develop and draft the Business Case, with input from specialists as necessary.
* Budget - Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
* Resources - Identify skill requirements; Deploy and develop resources. Manage medium sized team.
* Benefits Realisation - Deliver the agreed Commitment Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
* Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
* Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
* Governance - Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting MI and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
* Assurance - Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
* Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
* Guidance & Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
* Project Performance & Controls - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain the Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
The key schedule tasks are:
* Deputise for Line Manager, act on behalf of the authority to manage the transition of products into live service.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.