FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
WE ARE IDEALLY LOOKING FOR A SERVICE MANAGER WITH HIGHER EDUCATION AND/OR VLE EXPERIENCE
The Canvas Service Manager is accountable to the Head of CTL (Service Owner) for ensuring service delivery and development in line with agreed plans and standards. The post reports to the Deputy Director of Customer Services in IT Services, and works closely with the Canvas Application Development Team (CAD).
The role was initially appointed to implement central standards for service management as part of the VLE service design and launch. This is now complete, and the focus is now on maintaining and enhancing service levels, prioritising and delivering development activities, and ensuring effective internal governance and supplier relationship management.
1. Significant experience of using a service management approach to ensure effective delivery and support of essential IT services for teaching, ideally in a higher education institution
2. Good understanding of ITILv3 or ITIL4 and experience of their implementation
3. Ability to win the confidence of both technical teams and business users, and to negotiate mutual buy-in amongst groups with competing priorities or conflicting needs
4. Experience of managing change, especially the support and business impact of system upgrades
5. Good problem-solving, prioritisation and decision-making skills, and the ability to lead a collaborative and effective approach to resolving complex issues involving multiple teams
6. Sound understanding of compliance issues including information security and data privacy
7. Proven organisational skills, self-motivation, and ability to work on own initiative
8. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work effectively with students, academic staff, technical staff and other professional staff at all levels in the University and with suppliers
9. Experience of managing supplier relationships to ensure effective delivery against service agreements with a collaborative and open approach to change
10. The skills and experience to quickly become an effective service manager working with teams across multiple internal departments and an external supplier
1. ITILv3 or ITIL4 qualification at Foundation level or above
2. Familiarity with IT development and project management methodologies, for example Agile development and PRINCE2
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.