A role has come available in the High Performance Computing team for one of our clients based in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Due to the nature of the work, the role will be based full-time on-site in Didcot.
The role is determined to be inside IR35
Be responsible for the design, development, commissioning and operational support of high performance computer and storage systems to support the scientific capabilities of the Synchrotron Light source. Engage closely with beamline scientists, engineers, and users as appropriate to provide support and to inform the development of new systems.
Skills and technical knowledge needed:
* Stakeholder engagement at all levels
* Very good knowledge of HPC Slurm workload manager
* Design, develop and commission high performance computer and storage systems to support high data rate detectors and data intensive computing.
* Responsible for computer systems administration in compliance with the processes.
* Provide technical know-how, advice and support on high performance compute and storage systems to science and engineering staff.
* Commission and diagnose faults in bespoke computer systems.
* Commission and diagnose faults in bespoke storage systems.
* Develop automation tools for system and storage administration tasks.
* Collaborate with staff and colleagues, including engineers and scientists, at all stages of the development life cycle.
* Contribute to the processes, associated software development and data management to support the design and operation of computer systems throughout.
* Liaise with, and supervise, contractors and suppliers of turnkey computer systems and networks.
* Maintain a current knowledge of the computer systems on other, comparable, science facilities.
* Communicate details of computer systems developments within the team and to other projects.
* Assistance in the preparation of tenders and service level agreements for external suppliers of required services.
* Report on progress in all areas on a periodic basis.
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.