UX Service Designer
We are looking for an experienced UX Service Designer to work with a major Organisation in Edinburgh, with occasional travel to Glasgow
The successful candidate will have strong experience in Service Design methodologies and deliverables. UX Research and UX Architecture should be implicit in your experience and skill set
You will be working in an Agile environment, so Agile knowledge and experience is important
▪ Carry out UX SD research tasks, produce and present research artefacts and reports that are relevant and consumable to the business and project teams, including, as appropriate to the Service Design requirements, stakeholder, SME and user interviews, ethnographic considerations, run workshops or focus groups, competitor analysis, BI data review, process and flow identification, service design blueprinting, gather service performance benchmark data, systems architecture review, ecosystem relationship models, staff training and numbers, review service level agreements. Ability to identify process fail points and process execution time frames and how they affect productivity and profitability.
▪ Hypothesise, create and test service architecture (physical and digital), including, as appropriate to the Service Design insights, Service Design Blueprints (lo-fi & hi-fi), Systems Architecture, user journeys, create process flows, user types, familiarity with data journey modelling, as-is and to-be business use case presentations. Align business services, touch points and technologies with customer journeys. Carry out presentations to management, stakeholders and project teams.
▪ Articulate complex data and needs in simple, verbal or visual terms to stakeholders, project team members and users.
▪ Proactively coordinate with the stakeholders, business leadership, POs, customers, employees, system architects, BAs, customer service design team comfortably and naturally, talking to them in their own language.
▪ Awareness and consideration of the implications of new technologies, methodologies and compliance requirements on customer projects
▪ Enforce best practice UX solutions and educate team members where necessary
▪ Proactive self starter.
Skills and Experience
▪ 3+ years experience of UX and Service Design
▪ Technology and systems architecture knowledge.
▪ Experience delivering Service Design in complex organisational environments.
▪ Strong capabilities in Visio or Omnigraffle
▪ Strong collaborator
▪ Agile environment skills and experience
▪ Stays current and proficient in user-centered design techniques and UX methodologies
▪ Excellent communications skills with members of business, technology and users.
▪ Ability to take the lead in customer facing engagements and build a single, shared understanding amongst participants through effective communication and solution exploration methods.
▪ Experience carrying out UX research tasks and creating artefacts and presenting findings.
▪ Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
▪ Interrogates ambiguity and validates value propositions, functions, opinions and strategic goals.
▪ Experience and ability to communicate with a range of audiences, from leadership to delivery team members.
▪ Experience working in Government or public sector environments
▪ Formal Service Design training or qualifications
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.