Overview of Role
To support the delivery of the Information Assurance strategy, policy and governance on a large complex project. Providing advice to senior colleagues on strategic issues and liaising with stakeholders on complex matters.
To provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to MOD Security Assurance Coordinator (SAC) in delivering a large complex project.
* Support the MOD SAC to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business and required standards.
* Provide expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Information Assurance strategy, policy and solutions relevant to specialist area.
* Support the testing of relevant controls on the implementation of any system, platform or infrastructure to ensure alignment with security architecture and policy.
* Support the Security Accreditor to ensure all networks and systems are compliant with policy. Providing appropriate advice and guidance when gaps are identified and escalate where appropriate.
* Support information assurance reviews and audits and provide management information on reviews, both internally and externally with Industry Partners, presenting the findings across stakeholder groups.
* Support the development and delivery of the accreditation activity within the project, acting as a Security & Information Risk Advisor.
* Support management of controls to ensure Information Management activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory and relevant legislation.
* Relevant qualification or experience of Information Assurance on complex projects.
* Degree in an IT related area or relevant experience.
* Cyber Certified Professional (CCP) (Desirable).
* Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.