You will be responsible for working collaboratively with colleagues from within Commercial Services and stakeholders from across the business to ascertain demand and manage and deliver effective commercial activity. You will be expected to ensure delivery compliance whilst driving the successful application of quality and Value for Money (VfM). The postholders will also be accountable for ensuring complete end to end Commercial activity from presourcing to contract management and the successful development and ongoing management of a comprehensive Commercial pipeline of work for their area of responsibility.
This will include:
- Applies and adheres Public Procurement Regulations and principles of contract law in developing commercial solutions.
- Supports colleagues to interpret and understand regulations and law.
- Building relationships with and managing a range of stakeholders to understand their key deliverables and to manage expectations.
- Actively working with stakeholders to build their understanding and review of the range of commercial opportunities available to ensure appropriate commercial solutions are successfully delivered
- Leading a team, taking responsibility and accountability for developing commercial skills and delivering successful procurement and commercial activities.
- Ensures central government commercial policy and relevant public sector procurement legislation is adhered to when conducting commercial activity within their areas of responsibility
- Can assess various routes to market and refine requirements to determine the most suitable options for a specific requirement and develop a robust sourcing strategy for approval by stakeholders.
- Develops procurement documentation, to include but not limited to specification, evaluation, pricing model, and constructs sound contracts seeking advice and input from others as appropriate.
- Drives value from effective contract management processes, understanding performance management and risk allocation as part of the overall management.
- Experience of successful service delivery and problem solving in a commercial environment procuring goods and services via OJEU and/or frameworks and experience of resolving contractual disputes.
- Experience of the commercial strategy and commercial cycles to ensure compliance with governance procedures following UK and EU Regulations and Directives including Cabinet Office (CO) and Government Digital Services (GDS) policies and procedures
- An understanding and application of public procurement regulations and experience of extracting business requirements and successfully translating into deliverable outputs.
- Understanding of actions required to support delivery of Value for Money (VfM) and efficiency.
- Experience of budget control
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.