* Evaluate customer needs based on applications requirements, current capacity and growth trends
* Deliver engineering specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for projects and initiatives.
* Estimate effort, both development and product delivery timelines, to determine a course of action for project.
* Provide technical input for specific storage and backup needs or objectives in order to meet business requirements.
* Work closely with external vendors and other personnel in order to optimize and facilitate the best solution to meet the needs of the business.
* Provide technical services for customers in a highly complex storage and backup environments. Demonstrate ability to assess technical impact to the project/new technology along with technical risks.
* Resolve complex problems with little or no guidance. Independently research and promote specialized technical solutions.
* Analyse complex hardware and software issues associated with backup and storage related technologies specifically HP Data Protector and SAN (HP 3par).
* Analyse, design, test, document, and implement solutions for continuous data availability, integrity, backup and protection.
* Define and specify architecture protocols and functional requirements and specifications for storage and backup components.
Essential Experience includes:
* 5+ years of Backup and Storage Engineering experience.
* Strong background in enterprise data protection, management and protection solutions. Must be able to design and implement new data protection solutions, manage change, and add backup policies in a large-scale, mission-critical, multi-PB storage environment. Must have wide-ranging experience and the ability to apply that experience along with professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in effective ways.
* Demonstrate domain knowledge in storage, data management and data protection technologies and be able apply the knowledge of these methodologies to the storage, protection, retention, reclamation, and disaster recovery.
* Manage, configure and maintain multi-PB multi-tiered environment.
* Report on performance and capacities and make allocation recommendations based on trending. Ensure the environments remain compliant with vendor recommended patching standards.
* Knowledge of HP Data Protector and other back-up technologies
* Knowledge of SAN (HP 3par) and other SAN technologies
* Experience with Enterprise data protection and disaster recover solution, and understand Enterprise application data management requirements
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.