DIGITAL/ONLINE SERVICES PERFORMANCE ANALYST
12 MONTH CONTRACT
1 DAY PER 2-3 WEEKS ON SITE IN SWINDON
RATE - £550-650 PER DAY (NEGOTIABLE)
ASAP START DATE
As our Performance Analyst you will:
* Develop performance measurement frameworks, including but not limited to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), goals, user needs and benefits - and agree these with the SBF Service Owner and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
* Analyse the performance of a service or product against these, adapting the approach and framework appropriately and in line with service maturity.
* Help our team to identify and prioritise programme improvements and enhancements based on performance data that you will interpret and present regularly to the Product Managers and Service Owner.
Ultimately, the service performance metrics you define and track will help us measure the success of the programme
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Set the Performance metrics for the new service and agree these with the Service Owner and SLT.
* Put in place the mechanisms to gather appropriate data against our Performance metrics.
* Provide regular written Reports & updates on programme Performance.
* Promote knowledge sharing and adoption of good practice within the Programme and organisation
Skills needed for this role
* Communicating analysis and insight. You know how to use the most appropriate medium to visualise data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals. You can present, communicate and disseminate analysis and recommendations effectively, appropriately and with high impact.
* Performance measurement. You know how to enable the team to develop a performance framework including KPIs or a service or product. You can provide the intelligence to support the formulation of both short-term and long-term strategic plans. You can identify and analyse options, and assess their feasibility and operational impact. You can ensure that business solutions are aligned with strategy, business goals and end user needs.
* Technical understanding (performance analyst). You stay abreast of industry developments so that you make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies. You keep up to date with advances in digital analytics tools and data manipulation products.
* Understanding analysis across the product life cycle. You understand the different phases of product delivery and can plan and run the analysis for these. You can contribute to decision-making throughout the product life cycle. You can work in collaboration with user researchers, developers and other roles throughout the product life cycle. You understand the value of analysis, how to contribute with impact, and what data sources, analytical techniques and tools can be used at each point throughout the product life cycle.
* Understanding constraints (performance analyst). You understand and can work within given constraints (including but not limited to technology, policy, regulatory, financial, legal, ethical, social, user constraints). You feel comfortable challenging constraints that can be changed. You know how to ensure compliance against constraints by adapting products and services where needed with a particular focus on data security and privacy concepts including data protection.
* Undertaking analysis and providing insight. You can turn data into valuable insights that inform decisions. You have an understanding of analytical tools; you are numerate. You know how to collect, collate, cleanse and interpret data to derive meaningful and actionable insights. You can identify and apply the most appropriate analytical techniques to bring different sources together to tell a story. You know how to involve teams in analytics to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
* User-centred analysis. You understand and can identify who users are and what their needs are, based on evidence. You put users first and can manage competing priorities. You understand the importance of analysis to user-centred design and know how to collaborate with professions that are focused on user-centred design (for example, user research, user experience, content, design, business analysis). You can act as a voice of the internal user and end user and can bring together data from varying sources to ensure that all members of agile delivery teams have access to actionable insights.
* Verification and validation of data and analysis. You know about quality assurance techniques including those used by other analytical professions. You can identify the right data sources and then validate and understand how to interpret the results. You know how to ensure that data is fit for purpose.
You'll need some experience in data analysis, analytic thinking, or data handling, alongside:
* The aptitude to learn to use analytical tools and produce standardised reports and charts.
* The ability to synthesise and interpret different types of data.
* An understanding of wider analytics context, tools and techniques.
* Experience of data and analysis quality measures and how these are used.
* The ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly.
* An understanding of the GOV.UK Digital Service Standard.
* Data analysis and analytic thinking.
* Good written presentation skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work as a member of a dynamic, agile team.
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.