One of our clients are looking for an experienced B1 Licensed Aircraft Engineer to join them on a contract basis.
6 months initially
Based at Gatwick
Shift Pattern: 2 vacancies on 554 / 07:00 - 19:00, 4 vacancies on Monday - Thursday / Tuesday - Friday, Earlies / Lates, 06:30 - 17:00 / 13:30 - 00:00
* Supervise a team of Mechanics performing Base Maintenance on customer aircraft.
* Inspection and certification of scheduled maintenance tasks, defect rectification, modifications, repairs and functional tests on Airframe, Engine and Electrical systems
* Complete all assigned work in a timely manner to optimise aircraft downtime.
* Ensure aircraft technical log book, maintenance documentation, job cards, work packages and zonal handovers are completed accurately and within prescribed timescales.
* Maintain a high standard of husbandry and cleanliness within assigned work areas.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, company processes and procedures.
* Promote a just culture and report all incidents and occurrences in the Safety Management System.
* Highlight any technical issues, discrepancies or other issues to the Lead Engineer.
* Support the Lead Engineer with the day to day running of their allocated zone and deputise during periods of absence.
* Actively support, promote and contribute to continuous improvement ideas and lean principles.
* Assist the management team in the day to day running of the London Gatwick Operation.
* Undertake any reasonable activities as required, including working away from London Gatwick.
* Hold a valid EASA and/or UK CAA Category B1 Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence.
* Type rating on 737 NG essential.
* Must have a minimum of 1 year exercising certification privileges with experience working in a Line or Base Maintenance environment.
* Demonstrate 6 months recent experience on type and ability to hold and maintain appropriate company authorisations specific to role.
* Comprehensive understanding of EASA Part-145 regulations.
* Previous experience of using AMOS or other Maintenance Management Systems.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Effective problem solver with a solution focused mindset.
* Flexible worker who is prepared to adjust working hours to meet operational demands.
* Be a team player who will grasp opportunities to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
* Proficiency in using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn in house systems.
* Meet the requirements to hold a London Gatwick Airport airside pass.
* Candidates must have the right to live and work in United Kingdom.
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.