DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires an exceptionally high level of technical expertise. The post holder is expected to have the skill to routinely analyse and solve highly complex technical problems without the need to call upon others for advice, whilst providing technical guidance to a team. The post holder must also be capable of taking the lead in developing software components for National applications and ensuring they are rigorously built and tested in accordance with software industry best practice.
Duties will include:
* Produce robust, extensible, scalable and high-quality code
* Discuss progress and notify senior staff of impediments during regular team meetings.
* Work closely with colleagues, customers and senior staff to complete tasks
* When required, deputise for the scrum master by chairing meetings with the development team
* Discuss ideas with colleagues and review tasks and priorities in collaboration with other team members and senior staff.
* Contribute ideas on how to become more effective during regular team meetings
* Educated to Degree level (or equivalent qualification / experience)
* Cloud certification
* Agile certification
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience of working of the NHS and clinical understanding would be advantageous, however practical experience and knowledge of the following would be particularly advantageous: -
* Proven experience of software development in a formal development environment
* Highly skilled in application or web development using a suitable IDE and programming language.
* Highly skilled in a variety of databases, data modelling and distributed software development
* Experience developing software for Clinical Information systems
* Experience with system interoperability
* Experience of working in Agile development environment i.e. Scrum
* Experience with hyperscalers such as Azure, AWS, GCP
* Familiarity with REST, XML and JSON and other service level technologies
* Understanding of HL7, FHIR and related standards
The successful candidates will report to Senior Solutions Architect
Work will be based at DHCW's Cardiff office (Tŷ Glan-yr-Afon, 21 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9AD).
Due to the current DHCW working arrangements relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home until further notice. Over the duration of the contract, the successful candidate may be required to work onsite either part or full time. In the event that the successful candidate is called to work on site, there will be no negotiation on the day rate agreed at award of contract.
The successful candidate will be required at their own expense to collect and return equipment from their Base.
Expenses will be paid for any mileage covered in the course of the working day (i.e. from work base to any other NHS premises) in accordance with the Authority's Public Transport rate (33p per mile). In the event that the successful candidate is required to work on site (at the confirmed work base) travel expenses will not be paid from the successful candidates home to their agreed base location.
The contract will be awarded according to the Terms and Conditions of Contract governing the Crown Commercial Services (RM6160) Framework Agreement.
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.