SC Clearance required
6month rolling contract
Remote with 1 day per week required on site in Bristol
- Perform detailed Safety Engineering analytical studies under the direction of the Project Lead to ensure that the Product, System or Service support systems meet or exceed the specified safety standards and requirements, recommending design, system or process changes as appropriate.
- Engage with clients (either military or prim contractors) providing them with expert counsel and optimum solutions.
- On time and to budget delivery of Safety Engineering projects such as hazard & risk analysis.
- Support to bids, proposals, analysis and report writing
- Provide reports on productivity and other performance indicators to the Project Lead for project specific tasks
What we are looking for:
- An academic qualification in a numerate, technical or engineering discipline.
- At least two years' Experience in conducting Hazard & Safety Risk Analysis.
- A maritime, air or land engineering background.
- Experience in the use and application of Safety Engineering tools (such as Reliability Workbench, ASCE, Bow Tie XP, Fault trees, ASEMS, POSMS and POEMS)
- Report writing skills and high quality standards able to apply a logical and tailored approach to meet client needs
- Awareness of Defence Standards is preferable.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.