* Develop and implement portfolio governance processes and procedures that align with government standards and best practices.
* Establish a robust assurance framework that provides project teams with the necessary oversight and support to deliver projects to the required quality, time, and budget parameters.
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive risk management strategy for the portfolio that ensures risks are identified, assessed, and managed in a proactive and effective manner.
* Provide guidance and support to project teams to ensure that they are adhering to established standards and best practices, and to help them overcome any project-related challenges that arise.
* Monitor project performance against established metrics and provide regular reports to senior management on progress and issues.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with stakeholder requirements and expectations.
* Manage relationships with third-party service providers and ensure that they are meeting their contractual obligations.
* Ensure that all portfolio-related activities comply with government legislation, regulations, and policies.
* Provide leadership and guidance to the PMO team and ensure that they are meeting their objectives and targets.
* Proven experience in portfolio governance, assurance, and risk management.
* Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and manage risks and issues.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
* Knowledge of government legislation, regulations, and policies related to project management, including the IPA (Infrastructure and Projects Authority).
* Experience in managing large and complex portfolios of work.
* A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, such as business administration or project management.
* A recognized project management certification, such as PMP or PRINCE2.
* Additional qualifications in portfolio management, governance, assurance, and risk management would be an advantage.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.