* To provide a high level of customer service by delivering an efficient and effective service to all clients.
* To support the running of pre-admission clinics by producing lists in a timely manner.
* To produce admission lists and other documentation relevant to the inpatient and outpatient bookings process
* Ensure telephones for the admissions team are covered at all times and answered in a professional, time efficient and polite manner.
* Train colleagues in areas of the billing processes to acquire skills and knowledge as necessary.
* To process waiting lists/orders and bed booking forms in a timely manner.
* To provide referrers and families with written confirmation letters.
* Liaise with Secretaries and Inpatient Coordinators to ensure tests are booked prior to admission.
* To make direct telephone contact with families prior to their arrival ensuring any additional clinical information is communicated to the relevant clinical staff and ward areas.
* To record and produce statistical reports for delayed, refused and cancelled patients.
* Be familiar with the working needs and requirements of individual consultants
* To undertake reasonable tasks required of the post holder by managers.
* Contribute to writing and updating standard operating procedures (SOP's) within the admissions team.
* To be proactive and able to problem solve effectively, having the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* To escalate any delays, amendments or cancellations to the relevant clinical and non-clinical staff
* To ensure both EPR and Compucare are updated daily to reflect the admission status and ward of inpatients both within IPP and Trust wide.
* Plan and prepare for the following days admission providing reception with a daily admission list and any relevant information required.
* Provide and circulate daily and weekly admission lists to ward areas.
* To attend the weekly IPP pre admission meetings, recording data and ensuring actions have been completed prior to the patient's admission.
* To liaise closely with theatres ensuring any amendments to the patient's pathway are effectively communicated to ensure maximum utilisation of theatres.
* To be responsible for booking support services required such as radiology, cast technicians to ensure that the patient pathway runs smoothly.
* To work closely with clinical and non-clinical staff to provide a smooth admission process from pre admission to discharge.
* To attend weekly bed meetings across the trust to provide a smooth patient pathway and good working relationships with other divisions.
* To help families with arranging accommodation where necessary
* To book patients to attend pre admission clinics prior to their admission date; minimising delays within the treatment plan.
* To allocation beds appropriately on compucare
* To be a point of contact for secretaries and consultants requiring to admit patients
* Responsible for processing bookings ensuring all patients have a detailed treatment plan and clinical mandatory data has been received.
* Responsible for booking transport or hotel accommodation for families as and when required
* Work with the financial teams to ensure that all funding is established prior to patient's admissions.
* To effectively communicate with wards within the trust to gain confirmation of IPP admissions admitted to NHS wards.
* Excellent communication with external agencies such as embassies, ambulance transfer teams to ensure accurate information is obtained; ensuring a safe and efficient transfer.
* To identify and suggest service improvements and implement changes as necessary in liaison with the Admissions Manager.
* To establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external parties: embassies, funding bodies, secretaries and consultants to maximise inpatient referrals.
* To ensure that patients and their families have been given all relevant information with regards to their admission.
* To communicate with patients and families and consultants both face to face and via the telephone, providing them with information where necessary.
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.