The role is responsible for planning and managing the delivery of project(s): This activity could be smaller projects where scale / complexity / risk is low or stages / components / work streams within a larger project / programme. In both instances complexity indicators such as the Work Breakdown Structure and Team Structure are likely to be simple and single tier.
The nature of project outputs will be bespoke Network, IT and voice solutions for Enterprise Customers and you will need to manage specialists to do this. As a guide It is expected that the value of delivery (i.e. PS Resource, equipment etc.) could be in the region of £1 Million (N.B. This is not the contract value).
You'll be directly engaging with customers and as such have a key role in shaping customer experience through both project outcomes and personal behaviours. As part of a professional community of Project and Programme Managers you will be expected to have a good knowledge of project management methods / tools and conform with governance / standards set out by the PMO (or contract where mandated).
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
* Accountable for producing and maintaining the Delivery Schedule.
* Accountable for producing or providing input to Project Management artefacts (i.e. PID, *AID Logs etc.)
* Accountable for managing multiple teams / functions to deliver an agreed set of outputs within time, budget and quality parameters.
* Accountable for keeping customers informed of progress. This will be via informal and formal mechanisms.
* Accountable for supporting and conforming with agreed governance structures (i.e. attending project checkpoints, providing regular schedule updates etc.)
* Accountable for highlighting any changes in scope and ensuring that these are managed through appropriate governance.
* Accountable for managing risks / issues with appropriate escalation in a timely manner.
* Accountable for providing and maintaining resource forecasts within Clarity PPM.
* Accountable for inputting and maintaining key milestone dates within Clarity PPM.
* Accountable for seeking customer satisfaction feedback.
* Accountable for manging the delivery budget and ensuring costs do not exceed these.
* Accountable for maintaining professional and ethical standards at all times.
* Accountable for ensuring that project outputs are of the right level of quality.
The skills you need
* Competant project management skills with experience of delivering technical solutions to Enterprise customers.
* Ability to direct and manage both internal, third party and customer resources.
* Ability to build plans that cover delivery activity and resources - Intermediate practitioner.
* Good communication skills; verbal and written.
* Effective stakeholder management skills
* Good interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence, ability to build relationships, ability to network etc.
* Ability to predominantly operate with autonomy / independence
* Curiosity and challenge needed to assure good outcomes
* Tenacity and resilience
* Negotiation skills - Intermediate practitioner.
* Comfortable with "taking the initiative"
* Problem solving skills - Intermediate practitioner.
* Ability to identify risk and develop risk mitigation strategies.
* Commercial and financial acumen - Intermediate practitioner.
* Ability to connect with our customers and grasp the challenges faced by their business.
Experience you would be expected to have
* Experience of managing the delivery of Work Packages or small Projects. Ideally these should be IT or Network related.
* Experience of working in a face to face role with customers in equivalent roles or one step up.
* Experience of managing and directing small (?10 FTE) multi-function teams.
* Hold a Project Management qualification (i.e. foundation level)
* Experience of working in a large organisation with a complex stakeholder environment.
* Experience of managing dispersed teams is desirable as sometimes teams are not co-located.
* Experience of using corporate IT systems for collaboration, workflow etc..
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.