Cloud Migration Architect
Location: Brussels (Remote during COVID)
Contract: Starting ASAP, duration: 31/12/2021, plus extensions
* Capture migration requirements.
* Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, and more. Assist in creating and executing of migration run books.
* Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
* Define and follow the migration playbook with emphasis on capturing the advantages of operating in the cloud for migrated applications
* Partner with Cloud Engineering, Cloud Ops, and other teams in executing migration projects to ensure minimal risk and business disruption
* Provide deep cloud migration expertise covering infrastructure, application architectures, cloud capabilities, security, etc.
* In partnership with sector teams, review and identify candidate applications for cloud migration based on pre-defined application rationalisation output of categorised applications
* Ensure migrated applications comply with required security and controls requirements
* Communicate cloud migration program health to key stakeholders including senior leadership as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related field
* Some years of relevant experience including cloud Infrastructure principles and methodologies with at least five years of experience supporting application development and software engineering functions
* Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
* Experience managing container orchestration tools such as PCF, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker swarm or equivalent
* Solid understanding of Containerisation and Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, docker
* Solid understanding of networking concepts (BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, firewall and core Internet), including CDN
* Experience working with Azure DevOps or similar tools for tracking, developing, deploying software
* Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
* Demonstrated understanding of Data Centre Operations (Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Management, Systems Management, Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices) Data Centre/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
* Experience in developing technology solutions.
* Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions
* Specialises in gathering and analysing information and designing comprehensive solutions that are flexible and adaptable to the needs and targets.
* Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Detail oriented self-starter capable of working independently.
* Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
* Cutting edge innovator who continually studies new technologies and functionality and is involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
* The architect should be a good storyteller, effectively facilitates and presents point-of-view, keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
* Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
* Embodies Aloha culture, being a team player that everyone enjoys working with.
* Adaptable in high levels of uncertainty and change
* Experience leading Agile and Hybrid development and deployment projects
* Ability to take ownership in orchestrating workshops with IT/Business teams and facilitate interactive sessions on cloud application migration scope, migration strategies, and application/infrastructure modernisation
* Experience managing project financials for complex large projects, including a plan to actual analysis, plan updates, and financial reconciliations
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
* Solves highly complex, politically sensitive problems across teams
* Ability to take ownership and drive cloud application migration projects independently
* Ability to work with virtual teams (remote work locations); lead team of technical resources (employees and contractors) based in multiple locations
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.